I told you in the very beginning that I am going to be as candid in my posts as much as possible. I absolutely can not stand to “sugar coat it”. That very well could be my best trait and my worst at the same time. So here it goes…
I have been told many time this week, “I will not order a vehicle, it costs way much more than buying on in stock or locating one”. This could not be further from the truth. Here is why:
Customers now know just as much and even at times more than us dealers. With all of the information being at your fingertips, consumers are much more in the know than they have ever been. With that said, would it be fair to assume that most customers know exactly what they are looking for in their next vehicle? I am going to provide you with a real life example, just happened last night.
One of our Salesman Daryn Turner took a phone call from a customer all the way down in Rhode Island. She saw that we had a 2015 Ford F-150 exactly the way she want it equipped. Unfortunately for this particular customer, we had just sold this Ford F-150 the night before, so she asked us to locate one. This is what she was looking for:
- 2015 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab 145″ Wheelbase 4WD
- Exterior: Magnetic Metallic
- Interior: Charcoal Black
- Rapid Spec 501A
- 5.0L V8 Engine
- Trailer Brake Controller and Trailer Tow Package
- Lariat Sport Appearance Package
This particular F-150 had an MSRP price of $50,655 (yea no one pays MSRP, we know that, just using it as an example). Well we did a locate out there and there was not another F-150 that matched her exact specifications. Sure there were others with Navigation (additional $795), or the All New Twin Panel Moon Roof (additional $1,295), or even minor items such as the 36 Gallon Extended Fuel Tank (additional $195). But all of those additional items, took our customer out of her budget.
“Pop quiz hot shot” F-150 you want is not on the lot and can’t find it….”What do you do, What do you do” (Dennis Hooper: Speed reference anyone??)
The Answer is: ORDER ONE. The PROS of Ordering straight from the factory far out weigh the CONS:
- IT DOES NOT COST YOU ANYTHING ADDITIONAL TO ORDER
- Ford has price protection. The rebates you are quoted on the day you order are GUARANTEED. If they decrease at all throughout the process, it does not matter, Ford has price Protection
- My Favorite reason and yours, if the rebates GO UP at time of delivery than you will get those rebates as well. So wouldn’t you say, it could cost you less to order from the factory?
- It takes about 4-6 Weeks to order. In rare circumstances 8 weeks
So the myth of it costing more to order a vehicle just got debunked. Someone call Mythbusters and get me on the show. As always thanks for reading, and if there are any topics you want discussed, do not hesitate to ask.